Job ID: 625781BR Date posted: Jan. 10, 2023 Locations: Grand Prairie, Texas Program: E&T/EDT/EDT OH Description: Join the winning team!
Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products, and services. Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control (MFC) is a recognized designer, developer and manufacturer of precision engagement aerospace and defense systems for the U.S. and allied militaries.
MFC is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to develop embedded software at our Grand Prairie, Texas site.
The selected applicant will integrate algorithms into C++ applications.
It is possible that travel will be required to both customer and supplier sites. It is also possible that travel will be both within and outside the Continental United States (CONUS).
Telecommuting opportunities can vary depending on daily tasking. Basic Qualifications: Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Bachelor's degree, or greater, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or an equivalent field with significant software development experience, OR equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience
- C++ 11 or higher
- Simulation software development
- Qt - graphical user interface toolkit
- User Interface (UI) Development Desired Skills: - Experience with embedded development using a real-time operating system
- 3D Modeling
- 3D SDK such as OpenGL or DirectX including Shaders
- Agile development techniques and practices
- Common Image Generator Interface (CIGI)
- Compute Unified Device Architecture (CUDA) - tool for programming GPUs for non-graphics use
- Data Compression, Computational Geometry
- Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS)
- Distributed Processing
- Geospatial Processing / familiarity with Open Geospatial
- Consortium (OGC) Standards
- Git - source code management / configuration / versioning
- GitLab - source code versioning Git repository management, code reviews, issue tracking, activity feeds, wikis, DevOps platform
- Jira - issue tracking and Agile project management
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Network programming (UDP, TCP, RTSP)
- Photogrammetry, Imagery Processing
- Python - scripting language
- Unreal Engine Development Experience
- WebGL experience Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration. Clearance Level: Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings. Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process. Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits. Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Software Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First