Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Research at Albany, NY is looking for a Hardware Development Engineer to support the development of memory bit cell technology elements integrated into next-generation advanced CMOS technology nodes.
The responsibilities for this position include:• Generation, maintenance and version control of physical layout for memory bitcell kits and test chip content• Refining the memory cell array design in accordance with new technology process assumptions, reliability requirements, and future product- design needs.• Close collaboration with process integration, patterning and module teams to ensure that the cell and array performance is aligned with evolving CMOS process development.• Definition of electrical test structures for SRAM memory cell and array characterization• Close collaboration with integration and patterning engineering teams to assure robust manufacturability of physical layouts• Device simulations to determine memory cell optimization for incorporation into product designs.• Accounting for memory array Design Rule Checking (DRC) wavers for inclusion in technology documentation
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, caste, genetics, pregnancy, disability, neurodivergence, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Strong background in physical layout of semiconductor memory elements or similar.• 2+ years experience with layout using industry-standard layout tools such as Cadence or Synopsys• 2+ years of experience with Design Rule Checking (DRC) and with LVS (Layout versus schematic) industry standard tools and methods• 2+ years of experience with CMOS design and CMOS process flows.• 1+ years experience with SRAM bitcell physical layout
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
• 3+ years experience with SRAM array design• 1+ years of experience with simulation software tools such as TCAD, Spice.• 1+ years of experience with electrical test and test concepts, probe stations and parametric analyzers such as Keithley.• 1+ years experience with layout design automation tools and methods• 1+ years experience with machine learning tools and methods applied to physical layout• Basic experience in analyzing large amounts of data using standard tools and programming languages such as JMP, SAS, Python, or similar tools.
Other Relevant Job Details
IBM offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program. Eligible employees may have access to:
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job- related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
As a Hardware Developer at IBM, you'll get to work on the systems that are driving the quantum revolution and the AI era. Join an elite team of engineering professionals who enable IBM customers to make better decisions quicker on the most trusted hardware platform in today's market.
Wonder if IBM is the one for you?
In a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you'll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you'll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
About Business Unit
IBM Research is the organic growth engine of IBM and an innovation engine for our customers and partners. As part of this mission, IBM Research anticipates and examines 'What's Next in Computing' to ultimately create and integrate the technologies the world relies upon to solve big challenges and unlock new opportunities. We create and pioneer new markets for IBM, our partners and customers as exemplified in our ongoing quest to reach practical and large- scale quantum computing. Across IBM Research, we realize the power and potential to accelerate discovery with our partners and clients by combining the power of high performance computing, AI, and Quantum, all integrated through the hybrid cloud.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we're also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it's time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
More Information on IBM
IBM operates in the Big Data Analytics industry. The company is located in Armonk, NY, Southbury, CT, New York, NY, Philadelphia, PA, Washington, DC, Durham, NC, Tampa, FL, Smyrna, GA, Huntsville, AL, Chicago, IL, Dallas, TX and San Francisco, CA. It has 533854 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance and Life insurance. To see all 59 open jobs at IBM, click here.
Read Full Job Description