The Drive Unit Architect will be responsible for concept development, system level design, and component ownership of all drive unit parts and functions. Starting from the block diagram architecture to helping commission manufacturing lines. You will Conceptualize, Design, Engineer, Develop, Test and support the launch of next generation power units for electric vehicles.
25% travel required
What you'll be able to do:
• Own drive unit design from cradle to grave. Be able to take a conceptual EM motor 2d designs and gear ratio to a final drive unit in production, being the key decision maker along the development process
• Lead and contribute to design reviews, test plans, and requirements reviews to further optimize the powertrain system cross functionally
• Enable effective communications with manufacturing, supply chain, and other engineering teams to deliver optimal design solutions
• Create vehicle-aligned component and system targets for function, cost, weight, and investment within the powertrain systems in the architecture phase of vehicle development
• Develop block diagrams and 3D topology for HV distribution, HV ancillary, motors, inverters, gearboxes, or traction battery systems to communicate and develop new architectures
• Develop requirements and correlated analytical models for various powertrain systems collaborating with development teams throughout the engineering organization
• Identify and track key system decisions that establish technology roadmaps and product architecture. Work with program systems teams to make architecture trades for range and performance that benefit the vehicle and customer.
• Support presentations of concepts and status to senior management and internally to company personnel in an integration and subject matter expert role
• Masters in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• High level of expertise and proficiency with Catia, Enovia, or similar tools including drawing and modelling practices and methodologies
• Hands-on experience building and launching automotive products and prototyping powertrain systems
• Experience with controls strategies for battery management systems, motor/inverter, and charge electronics
• Experience with Microsoft Office, Confluence, and Jira applications
• Experience with instrumentation and measurement of powertrain systems in a lab environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• An eagerness to work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment where you are part of a high performing team
• A system approach to design and development with the desire and curiosity to strive for exceptional delivery execution and continuous improvement
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https: // corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en- us/documents/careers/2023-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf
More Information on Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company operates in the Automotive industry. The company is located in Dearborn, MI and Palo Alto, CA. Ford Motor Company was founded in 1903. It has 175633 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance and Life insurance. To see all 118 open jobs at Ford Motor Company, click here.
Read Full Job Description