We are the movers of the world and the makers of the future. We get up every day, roll up our sleeves and build a better world -- together. At Ford, we're all a part of something bigger than ourselves. Are you ready to change the way the world moves?
Product Development uses design thinking & user experience methods to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We bring innovative, exciting, and sustainable ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to advancements in autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies, and more!
In this position
The core Cockpit Team needs additional TS-level personnel to support design and development of Interior Displays. The Core Display Development Technical Specialist (TS) will lead the Future Interior Displays commodity into the Next Generation. In this role, the TS will help define the future of interior displays by working cross-functionally with the Display/IP Applications/Core and Strategy team from Pre-PS to define the mechanical integration and modernity of future display designs on leading edge of technology through the end of programs cycle life.
What you'll do
• Lead Mechanical HW design for Interior Displays • Lead New materials and technology of displays to support the application teams• Lead sign-off on component FMA documentation including DFMEA, CPAs and SCCAFs• Establish required SDS requirements and develop FEDE DVP for each program and upload test results for sign-off• Review and approve component and vehicle DVP&R sign-off.• Support Engineering Lead on TDRs prior to key program milestone events (FDJ, DCV, PEC, FEC)• Manage Interface with vehicle program and interfacing teams • Support team interfaces with vehicle architecture to package all modules in a suitable location• Support team in work with VO to ensure component package meets assembly and ergonomic targets• Provide launch support and address Voice of the Customer Flee issues to closure• Monitor JIRA, AIMs and DURIS and provide corrective action resolution• Lead TVM efforts to implement agreed cost reduction changes
Even better, you may have
Experience in Ford's WERS release process/AVBOM/AIMS/FEDE/GPDS/Integrator systems.
Familiarity with the following technical skills: (Vehicle CAN communications, electronic module packaging, understanding vehicle schematics).
You may not check every box, or your experience may look a little different from what we've outlined, but if you think you can bring value to Ford Motor Company, we encourage you to apply! As an established global company, we offer the benefit of choice. You can choose what your Ford future will look like: will your story span the globe, or keep you close to home? Will your career be a deep dive into what you love, or a series of new teams and new skills? Will you be a leader, a changemaker, a technical expert, a culture builderor all of the above? No matter what you choose, we offer a work life that works for you, including:
• Immediate medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Flexible family care, parental leave, new parent ramp-up programs, subsidized back-up child care and more
• Vehicle discount program for employees and family members, and management leases
• Tuition assistance
• Established and active employee resource groups
• Paid time off for individual and team community service
• A generous schedule of paid holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Year's Day
• Paid time off and the option to purchase additional vacation time.
For a detailed look at our benefits, click here: https: // fordcareers.co/LL6NonHTHD Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status. In the United States, if you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability, please call 1-888-336-0660. #LI-Hybrid
More Information on Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company operates in the Automotive industry. The company is located in Dearborn, MI and Palo Alto, CA. Ford Motor Company was founded in 1903. It has 175633 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance and Life insurance. To see all 150 open jobs at Ford Motor Company, click here.
Read Full Job Description