In this position
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
The Advance Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) team uses technology to solve the human problems of driving and make it safer, easier, and more enjoyable. The ADAS team develops BlueCruise, Adaptive Cruise Control, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems.
Ford is looking for a practical and execution-driven simulation engineer skilled in software, coding, and abstract thinking to build and scale our Simulation platform for ADAS. You will also solve problems related to perception, planning and controls applications, system-level autonomy, and vehicle systems used in ADAS. You will drive activities to enable a technically safe large-scale deployment of Ford vehicle fleets at L2 and L3 levels.
You will work across the Ford organization. Your solutions will empower a variety of Ford teams to optimize their work. You will be located in the USA. Hands-on experience is strongly encouraged.
What you'll do
• Design and code simulation solutions to enable driving policy fast feedback, perception fast-feedback, and validation at scale.• Automate the use of off- the-shelf-tools in our cloud infrastructure.• Own and co-design ADAS metrics, process automation, and continuous feedback loops across all use cases.• Reuse and expand automated mass-scale scenarios and evaluators for CI/CD as well as for validation at scale in various use cases for variety of ADAS features.• Build platform-independent technical evaluators for measuring and monitoring throughput, bandwidth, timing, delay, and computational performance. • Co- design, expand, and automate production ready libraries to monitor and improve ADAS software systems, while measuring end-to-end KPIs, perception and safety KPIs, and ADAS usage metrics.• Design efficient and flexible software architecture by contributing to the overall ADAS development platform, infrastructure, and simulation platform.• Foster innovation, trust and excellence within the organization.
• B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience.• 1 year of experience in building scalable software system solutions as well as performance sensitive and/or real-time software.• 1 year of relevant experience in software design using C++ and/or Python, including debugging, performance analysis, and automation of testing designs.
You may not check every box, or your experience may look a little different from what we've outlined, but if you think you can bring value to Ford Motor Company, we encourage you to apply!
As an established global company, we offer the benefit of choice. You can choose what your Ford future will look like: will your story span the globe, or keep you close to home? Will your career be a deep dive into what you love, or a series of new teams and new skills? Will you be a leader, a changemaker, a technical expert, a culture builderor all of the above? No matter what you choose, we offer a work life that works for you, including:
• Immediate medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Flexible family care, parental leave, new parent ramp-up programs, subsidized back-up child care and more
• Vehicle discount program for employees and family members, and management leases
• Tuition assistance
• Established and active employee resource groups
• Paid time off for individual and team community service
• A generous schedule of paid holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Year's Day
• Paid time off and the option to purchase additional vacation time.
For a detailed look at our benefits, click here:
https: // clicktime.symantec.com/15tpDM6DbX2hUw26sRbR?h=p-95ANULNNtCTGWGWiEaVYJ8L3 --yBHG1vqg21UdXA=&u=https: // fordcareers.co/GSR-HTHD
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status. In the United States, if you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability, please call 1-888-336-0660.
More Information on Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company operates in the Automotive industry. The company is located in Dearborn, MI and Palo Alto, CA. Ford Motor Company was founded in 1903. It has 175633 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance and Life insurance. To see all 129 open jobs at Ford Motor Company, click here.
Read Full Job Description